HES Payment Plan (Micro) Loan Financing Program
Save Energy and Money by Improving Your Home's Energy Efficiency with 0% Financing
Making your home more weather tight with improved insulation and other upgrades will assist you in reducing your energy consumption and can lower your utility bills.
We can help you finance these improvements with low interest loans made possible through sponsorship by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund in partnership with Eversource, the United Illuminating Company (UI), Southern Connecticut Gas Corporation, and Connecticut Natural Gas Company.
Loans may be for $1,000 to $3,000 and funding will be used for conducting qualified improvements/ equipment replacements. Non-listed work directly related and necessary to the installation of the listed qualifying measures may be financed along with the qualifying measure at the applicable interest rate - (capped at 20% of the total loan amount).
- $1,000 to $3,000 loan amount
- 0% interest rate
- 3 year (36 months) repayment term
- Eversource and UI electric customers
- Applicants must own a single or 2-4 family home (includes condos, mobile homes, and vacation homes) in the State of Connecticut
- Applicants must participate in the Home Energy Solutions ℠ Program (or call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) to arrange a HES assessment for your home)
- Projects that are underway or completed will not qualify for financing. Please do not schedule your project until after you have received your loan documents
How to Apply
Type 1 Improvements
The 0% loan is limited to the measures listed below.
High Efficiency Insulation - Must conform to current Home Energy Solutions rebate requirements.
ENERGY STAR® Ductless Heat Pumps - Must meet the EnergizeCT Ductless Heat Pump rebate criteria.
ENERGY STAR® Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters - Energy Factor (EF) 2.4 or greater
ENERGY STAR® Tankless Natural Gas Hot Water Heaters - 0.94 Energy Factor (EF) or greater.
Indirect/Combination Water Heaters attached to a natural gas ENERGY STAR® boiler - 90% (AFUE) or greater.
ENERGY STAR® Natural Gas Condensing Storage Tank - 95% Thermal Efficiency or greater.
* For more information on ENERGY STAR® please go to www.energystar.gov. HES and Residential Financing are low-cost initiatives supported by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund.