Energy Conservation Loan Program
0% interest rate available for high-efficiency boilers/furnaces (see eligible improvements for details)
Thank you for considering applying for the Energy Conservation Loan (ECL) program. Please read further to see if you qualify and for the "how to apply" link.
The Energy Conservation Loan Program (ECL) provides financing at below market rates to single-family (1-4 units) residential property owners for the purchase and installation of cost-saving energy conservation improvements. The program is administered by Capital For Change, Inc. (C4C) with funding from the Connecticut Department of Housing (DOH). Applicants must be residents of the State of Connecticut.
**If your property contains 5 or more housing units, please click here for the multi-family program**
Loan Amount and Term
Single family (1-4 units) homeowners may borrow up to $25,000 for a period of 10 years for eligible improvements.
Click here for an ECL Eligibility Fact Sheet (1-4 units)
The following are some of the improvements eligible under the ECL program:
- Replacement Heating Systems
- 0% interest for furnaces/boilers that meet efficiency minimum of energy-star rating for natural gas or > 84% efficiency rating for oil/propane
- Automatic Set-Back thermostats
- Caulking and Weatherstripping
- Replacement Central Air Conditioning Systems
- Replacement Hot Water Heaters
- Secondary Heating Systems (non-electric)
- Heat Pumps
- Replacement Roofs
- Replacement Windows and Doors
- Solar Systems and Passive Solar Additions
- Geothermal Systems
Apply for a Loan
To learn more, click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below or E-mail your questions to email@example.com.