People's/CHIF Home Improvement Loan Program
Homeowners who want to repair and/or renovate their homes can obtain financing through the People's Bank CHIF Home Improvement Loan Program. This program features a streamlined application process, a nominal application fee, and does not require an appraisal.
Loan Amount and Term
Eligible owners may borrow up to $10,000 at a fixed rate of 7.99% for a term of ten years.
Following are some of the improvements eligible under the People's CHIF Home Improvement Loan Program:
- Additions to the structure, finished attics, repair of termite damage
- Remodeled kitchens and bathrooms
- Elimination of health and safety hazards
- New exterior siding and exterior painting
- Roofing, gutters and downspouts
- Reconditioning or replacement of plumbing, air conditioning, and electrical systems
- Flooring, tiling and carpeting
- Energy conservation improvements
- Improvements for accessibility to the handicapped