Join the CHIF team and become an Approved Contractor
For over thirty years, Connecticut Housing Investment Fund, Inc. (CHIF) has been Connecticut's premier energy conservation lender providing low-cost financing through various programs for local contractors to conduct energy efficiency property improvements. Since 1979, CHIF has offered the state's Energy Conservation Loan Program and Multifamily Energy Loan Program, delivering over $100 million in financing. As of June 1, 2011, CHIF also will offer the HES Residential Financing sponsored by the CT Energy Efficiency Fund. This financing provides energy efficiency home improvements to assist CT's homeowners to decrease and stabilize household utility costs and to aid CT contractors in obtaining and providing jobs as well as improve the environment.
CHIF recognizes that providing lower-cost financing through lasting and productive relationships with qualified contractors will increase program performance and customer satisfaction. Therefore, CHIF is developing a statewide network of qualified contractors that can use the CT Energy Efficiency Finance loans to develop new business opportunities. Contractors that qualify as a CHIF Contractor will be authorized to perform work financed by CT Energy Efficiency Residential Financing, as well as other CHIF financing programs.
You may potentially Increase your Sales of Energy Efficiency Home Improvements!
CHIF-approved contractors in the home services, HVAC, energy, remodeling, electrician and plumbing industries can offer HES Residential Financing to homeowners for implementing qualified energy efficiency improvements (measures) that are recommended by a Home Energy Solutions (HES-HP) energy assessment, with 100% financing available for qualified improvements as approved by CL&P and UI.
Heating and Air Conditioning systems including all equipment, installation, ducting, utility work and line extensions.
- Electrical work, water heaters, water treatment systems and plumbing, including sewer lines and wells.
- Windows, doors, siding, insulation, roofing, kitchens and baths.
- Geothermal and other qualified renewable energy systems.
CT Energy Efficiency Financing offers:
- $2,500 to $20,000 - Larger loans may be considered
- Unsecured - No lien or mortgage on the Borrower's home, No home equity needed
- Low, fixed interest rates - Lower, fixed rates means lower, fixed monthly payments
- Terms up to 10 years - No prepayment penalty
- No Costs or Fees - To the customer or the contractor
- Quick turnaround and service - worry about the job, not the loan
To apply to be an approved CHIF Contractor, please download the application, complete it and return it to the following address: 121 Tremont Street, Hartford CT 06105. Questions? Please call us at (800) 992-3665, or (860) 233-5165, or email us at email@example.com